Search in the blog
- The debate over CEU and ‘the overall situation in Hungary’ in April 2017
- Joined Cases C-203/15 and C-698/15, Tele2 Sverige v Post- och Telestyrelsen (21 December 2016)
- Gordon on Brexit: a challenge for the UK constitution, of the UK constitution?
- The watchdog barks, but does it bite? – A renewed push on relocation and resettlement of refugees and migrants in the EU
- Case C-638/16 PPU, X and X v Belgium (7 March 2017)
Tag Archives: the EU
EU and the crisis in Ukraine: To what extent can the European Union influence the current political affairs in Ukraine?
The circumstances of the conflict in Ukraine In late 2013, former Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych rejected an economic agreement with the European Union in favour of forming closer ties between the EU, Ukraine and the Russian Federation. This decision resulted in … Continue reading
Between 22-25 May 2014 the European Parliament elections (“EP”) will take place. It is stated that the elections are “the second biggest democratic exercise in the world”; 400 million people of now 28 member states can cast their vote for a new … Continue reading
This is a review of the article “The EU and its democratic deficit: problems and (possible) solutions” by Lucia Vesnic-Alujevic and Rodrigo Castro Nacarino. The issue of “democratic deficit” has been subject to discussions since the beginning of the European … Continue reading